"It seems you've finally awoken. Welcome to my realm. After so long, it seems the time for you to awaken has finally come. Can you not tell who I am, Seireitou? I am together with you at all times. I have swung at many troubles. I am your blade. Listen well... My name is... Hanullim."
|Race||Zanpakutō Spirit (Kitsune)|
Hanullim (하늘님 (空様), Hanūrimu; Korean for "Sole Being of Heaven", Japanese for "Lord of all Skies"), is the manifested spirit of Seireitou Kawahiru's Zanpakutō; a reflection of his master's Sōzōshin and Kitsune lineage. A dangerous and malicious spirit, bearing incredible powers, Hanullim is a unique Zanpakutō that is capable of manipulating the growth of chaos within Seireitou.
Hanullim, himself, appears very similar to his master. He has long silver hair, kept in a knot. He has red markings on his cheeks, as well as red eye shadow. His ears seem to be similar to that of a kitsune, meerly shorter than most kitsune spirits. He dons a bright white kimono with blue formal attire underneath. He has striking yellow eyes, similar to Sanagi, but his seem to be much warmer and kinder; described by Seireitou as "calm and bright as the rising sun in the morning." As Seireitou's Zanpakutō, and overall mentor, Hanullim states that he exists as a "wall" that Seireitou must overcome in order to grow stronger. However, when he was in a mental duel during his fight with Seireitou, he cruelly claimed he had only let Seireitou live so that he could take his body and obtain dominance over his master and Sanagi. Once the illusions were released, he called it his true self, implying his calm, emotionless personality was also a facade. This persona was later revealed to be only an act to ensure that Seireitou would fight without fear of killing Hanullim, his love for his master being the fundamental aspect of his personality. In addition to being an extremely powerful spirit, Hanullim had equally impressive intelligence, and was shown to be very wise. He was exceedingly sharp and observant to any situation at hand, as he was rarely surprised or caught off guard. He also displayed great intuition, as he was almost never deceived and even then almost instantly realized the truth.
As Shinwaryeok Hanullim, his facial appearance is essentially identical, along with similar facelines as Ulquiorra Schiffer. The hakama that his master Seireitou normally wears remains, as is the latter's shihakushō takes on a more similar appearance to Hanullim's inner spirit. Shinwaryeok Hanullim's body is draped in lavender veils, similar to that of Hanullim's Kaguya manifestation. It appears that Shinwaryeok Hanullim can will a small mirror to appear on his stomach, for an as-of-yet unstated reason. His eyes appear to be of a strange mystical white, with a shadowy black outline. In sharp contrast to Hanullim, Shinwaryeok Hanullim is rather cold, callous, and dispassionate. He was willing to harm Seireitou both physically in battle and mentally via insults. However, it seems that Shinwaryeok Hanullim's purpose for this was to draw out Seireitou's despair, in order to protect him from himself. In the end, Shinwaryeok Hanullim retains a similar older sibling-like attention over Seireitou, but to more aggressive means than Hanullim.
Powers & Abilities
Overwhelming Spiritual Power: Being the Zanpakutō of a Sōzōshin such as Seireitou, it is expected that Hanullim possess a grand amount of spiritual power, being much more unique than that of a Shinigami's Zanpakutō. It is stated by Raian Getsueikirite that Hanullim has the same reiatsu as Seireitou, who has an overwhelming spiritual pressure himself. True to this claim, Hanullim displays a massive reiatsu, great enough to force almost anyone to bow to him (in reference to his name as "supreme being"). He has stated that his power is so vast that only a truly powerful Shinigami (or in this case, Sōzōshin) could wield him, thus inferring that he has enormous spiritual power. This claim is proven true as he was able to easily break through Seireitou's Kidō spell, as well as easily crushing a level eighties Bakudō with just his spiritual pressure. Like his master, Hanullim is able to use his spiritual energy for various unique effects. His reiatsu is able to project itself as a form of mind control.
- Energy Wave: Hanullim is shown to be able to unleash considerable energy waves, capable of creating huge fissures if struck in the ground. Its power is great enough to compete against Seireitou's Shinkūmyō-enhanced Shikon Hisakiten. These take the color lavender when used, eliminating the possibility of this technique being Shikon Hisakiten.
- Janenhinote (罪を犯し炎, Sinning Flames; literally "Flames of Depravity"): It is presumed that Seireitou developed this technique while sparring against his Zanpakutō, and subsequently, Hanullim is capable of utilizing this technique as well. By surrounding himself in the flames, he could provide an ultimate defense, and by summoning more of these white flames in a different location, he can effortlessly shift himself to another location. Hanullim is also able to use the white flames to displace his being, essentially forming white flames out of any situation.
Telekinesis: Hanullim seemingly called back his own sword to his hands with just the wave of his hand. He can even levitate his blade and use his finger to aim where the blade strikes and swings.
"Asobō, Hanullim" (遊ぼう究極の現実, "Come out and Play, Hanullim"): Being a Zanjutsu Master, Seireitou is generally capable of allowing his Zanpakutō spirit to manifest into a physical form whenever he deems it. In addition, when certain times arise, Hanullim himself has the ability to manifest in his true form and even can do so from a considerable distance from his master, able to hear his call from wherever he is. He is able to release by himself, shown as the Zanpakutō bursts into white flames, most likely a result of Sōkyoku's current existence within the Zanpakutō. Seireitou commented that if Kamui's Zanpakutō, Shinbyeong, changes and decides fate, then his Hanullim challenges it.
In addition to its standard method of manifesting into its true form, following the nineteen-month timeskip, Seireitou gained a new alternative way of releasing his Zanpakutō's Shikai. Hanullim's sword form will glow bright white, and will start to morph, turning into an energy-like substance before taking a solid shape of a massive white nine-tailed fox, that seems to feature strange black markings running up and around its body, as well as up each of its nine tails. Whilst in this form, Hanullim can charge large spheres of spiritual power in its mouth, and fire massive beams that are capable of causing destruction with a single use. He is also capable of spreading large waves of white flames from his roars and even his paws. Hanullim can also act as transportation and will change back into the energy-like substance before returning to its sword form when its duty has been fulfilled.
Keen Intellect: Identical to that of his master, Hanullim has repeatedly shown himself to be a highly crafty individual. He is a powerful strategist and manipulator, able to fool enemies and allies alike to suit his need. These talents allow him to formulate plans well in advance to stay steps ahead of his enemies. Hanullim is also an ingenious and influential speaker, being able to even convince even the most stubborn people to follow his command.
Master Swordsmanship Specialist: During his short battle against Seireitou, Hanullim demonstrated highly proficient skill in swordsmanship, enough to fight most of the battles with only a single hand. With well-timed manuevers, Hanullim was repeatedly able to land critical hits on Seireitou effortlessly. Even when his strength is wavering, Hanullim is still highly dangerous, easily able to take down dozens of Menos Grande. Fitting with his graceful and royal appearance, his fighting style is swift and fluid with no wasted motion.
Immense Speed: Hanullim has shown to move at tremendous speeds. He is able to surprise Seireitou with his speed, thus showing the level of his speed. According to Seireitou, Hanullim doesn't use any form of known speed-enhancement. However, it is highly implied by the "swishing" sound it makes, that this is Sonìdo, although Hanullim denies such claims. He is quick enough to easily slip away from captain-level opponents undetected. In addition, Hanullim is able to strike quickly without warning and in rapid succession. Whenever moving, he displays small white flames escaping his feet like a spark, similar to a Fullbringer's Bringer Light.
At any time, Hanullim can summon his sealed Zanpakutō form. It takes the appearance of a nōdachi when used, with a white hilt sporting unique complex shapes on it. The top edge of the nōdachi possess several markings. However, he often prefers to manifest his Shikai form. Hanullim's blade forms into a sleek, medium long-sized sword. The grip has a gentle decorative hand bends forward at the end with a white tassel dangling from the pommel. Instead of a cross guard, there is a dark gold U-shaped decoration covering the first three inches of blade, with a flower petal design just as it meets a black string wrapping. At where the decoration makes its curve, on both sides, the kanji for "yin" (陰) is depicted on one side while the kanji for "yang" (陽) is on the other side. The string is wrapped thrice around the hilt, with a three-loop bow on one side and a decoration on the other that consists of connected crescent yin and yang components, connected to one another, crescent point-to-point. Hanullim's blade is shown to be a very light gold with a silver-edge. It is also straight and slim, with the tip ending in a slanted razor-like edge instead of being tapered to a point. The release of his Zanpakutō comes with an extreme release of spiritual pressure affecting all in the area, and can be felt for miles upon miles across all of Seireitei.
Shinwaryeok Hanullim (신와참하늘님 (真如天実), Shinuwarioku Hanūrimu; Korean and Japanese for "Absolute Sovereign Source over all Being"): In Progress...
- "If you run into a wall, and pretend that it doesn't exist, you'll never make any progress. The wall will never change, so then... you are the one who has to change. Abandon your fear, Seireitou."
- "It's true that you may have been out-shone by the gold... and that yours may be a dull glow that only shines once in a while. You're always snapping at others, and acting in a ridiculous manner, unbecoming of someone of your stature... You're a silver-maned, lazy-ass pervert. But... even so. Compared to that false light gilded with a gold shell... When you get angry, you do so from the heart. And when you laugh, you do so from the heart. The silver light you've always had... is infinitely more dazzling."
- (As Shinwaryeok Hanullim) "Do not misunderstand, Kawahiru Seireitou. What you wish to protect and what I wish to protect are two very different things."
- (To Takashi Sora) "Come down here and face me, you third-rate fraud. I'll show you there's no comparison between us!"
- (To Dark Koga, while he was in possession of Koga) "Pathetic. Claiming to have personal pride, and yet... you desire to steal the body and power of another. You... lack elegance."
- "The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void, but always yields to purifying light."
- (To Seireitou, at their parting) "From the start... I was born in your soul, Seireitou - a soul that knew nothing of kindness or longing. A soul alone from this world. But then you started to form these precious bonds. Your teacher... your lover... your rival... One by one, your soul formed these interactions. And you became stronger. You had wished to fight alongside them, to protect them. But fighting brings only pain and loss... Eventually, you would have lost these friends you formed such strong bonds with, and you would fall into despair... and lose your life. I took every possible path to prevent this outcome. Denying you my power, giving birth to the darkness of Shiroyasha within you... but you persevered. No matter how many paths I blocked off from you, you never failed to find an alternate route. I hated you for that. I hated you. And I continued to hate you, while watching you fight on and advance. And... before I knew it... I began to find myself cheering you on. Crafted in the image of your older brother, it makes sense that I would go to such lengths to prevent you from becoming strong enough to enter battle. But you are no longer that wavy-haired child, huh? It is time for me to leave the master's seat."