|Birthplace||Hokutan District, Rukongai|
|Height||181 cm (5'11½")|
|Weight||66 kg (145 lbs.)|
|Affiliation||Loosely Soul Society|
|Previous Affiliation||Gotei 13|
Spiritual World Army
|Previous Division||10th Division|
|Base of Operations||Unknown Region, Human World|
|Relatives||Unnamed human lover|
|Bankai||Mushinron no Sekai no Hōkai|
|Series Debut||Bleach Silver|
- "You who lost faith in the realm of the gods,
descend to Earth like the Morning Star,
and become the Savior of Men…"
- —Ten Tailed Fox
Raian Sonyōji Getsueikirite no Tarō (月影切り太郎 尊幼児 手梁, Getsueikirite no Tarō Sonyōji Raian) is a Shinigami who was once the captain of the 10th Division and played a major role in the Spiritual World Army during the fight against Akujin. Sometime after the war, he fell in love with a human man and simultaneously lost his faith in Soul Society, leading him to pursue self-exile in the Human World, where he has been training ever since. He has, at different times, played the role of protagonist, deuteragonist, and anti-hero in Bleach Silver.
Raian is a youthful Soul, despite his tremendous age, with spiky black hair which is slightly longer in the back along his neck. He is tall and lean, but muscularly built, and has sharp silver-colored eyes and a peach complexion, marred only by a disjointed scar across his face. When in his spiritual form, he still wears the traditional attire of a Shinigami. Following his self-imposed exile, he begins to wear warm clothing, such as several cloaks and a wool hat due to training in the more frigid areas of the Living World.
In his Gigai, Raian wears a black double-breasted jacket, black cargo pants, and brown military-grade boots. When in casual clothes, he also wears a white t-shirt and a black jacket over the top. This has been his default appearance since his self-imposed exile began, as he now predominantly lives within the Living World. He also retains his youth while in his Gigai, appearing around the age of twenty-five.
"Seireitou, the Warrior" Saga
Prologue — World of Hollows
In his last campaign as captain of the 10th Division, Raian led the charge against the traitorous Shinigami: Akujin. The early battles of the Akujin Crisis took place in Hueco Mundo, where, having been bit by a modified-Hollow, Raian gained Hollow powers. One-by-one, Akujin's Los Cinco Arrancar fell, culminating in the final battle in Seireitei. Though Akujin was defeated by Raian and, arriving late to the game, Seireitou, ultimately, Raian was expelled from the Gotei 13 due to his Hollowfication.
Shadow of the Kawahiru
"Seireitou, the Teacher" Saga
Birth of the Senjukuha
Story of Ichigo Kurosaki
What Comes After
"Minato, the Martial Artist" Saga
Story of Minato and Hinata: Beginnings
A Larger World
Powers & Abilities
Mushin Ronsha (無神論者, Godless).
- Shikai: Not Yet Revealed.
- Bankai: Mushinron no Sekai no Hōkai (無神論の世界の崩壊, Fall of a Godless World): Not Yet Revealed.
- The previous incarnation of this character was my original character on this site. Though he has gone through numerous updates, he has remained mostly unchanged since his inception—keeping his antagonistic rivalry with Akujin, his rivalry with Seireitou Kawahiru, and his devotion towards his brother across all of his updates. This reboot serves as the most radical departure from that formula, as much of his character is surrounded by mystery and his motivations are not entirely clear when he first appears.
- Other notable differences include:
- The original incarnation of Raian was straight and married to Jacqueline Kurosaki Getsueikirite. The rebooted incarnation is homosexual and part of his departure from Soul Society can be pinned on his relationship with a human.
- Other notable differences include:
- Raian's theme music is 「 Blizzard 」 by J-Pop singer Daichi Miura. The song also served as the theme song for Dragon Ball Super: Broly.