|Shinigami - Mazoku|
|Race|| Shinigami (Previously)|
|Previous Affiliation|| Seireitou Kawahiru|
|Previous Occupation||Lieutenant of the Eighth Division|
|Previous Team||Silver-Hairs Gang|
|Previous Partner||Seireitou Kawahiru|
|Base of Operations||Seireitei|
|Relatives|| Seireitou Kawahiru (husband)|
Suzaku Kawahiru (son)
Kaguya Kawahiru (daughter)
|Education||Shintai Sonjuku (Shōyō)|
|Status|| Deceased (As a Shinigami)|
Alive (As a Mazoku)
- "Without someone there to act as our sheathes, we are just weapons of destruction; merely blood-stained blades."
- —Shiori speaking with Seireitou Kawahiru.
Shiori Miyamoto (宮本 詩織, Miyamoto Shiori) was a female Soul that had received lessons under Shōyō at the Shintai Sonjuku, together with Seireitou Kawahiru and Raian Getsueikirite. She would go on to eventually become the first Lieutenant of the Eighth Division in the Gotei 13, under Seireitou who had become the division's first Captain. After the incidents leading up to Seireitou's eventual return to the Soul Society, they would come to reunite and subsequently get married in the years that followed. She would come to give birth to two children, an elder son named Suzaku Kawahiru and a younger daughter named Kaguya Kawahiru. During the conflicts involving Datara Kawahiru, Shiori would meet her untimely end by the hand of her own husband as a result of Datara's cruel deceit and trickery. She would continue to serve as a driving force for both Seireitou and Suzaku in future events. However, as it was later revealed several centuries following her supposed death, her will to survive and a deep-seated rage born from the belief that she would never be able to see her loved ones ever again caused the chaos within her soul to prevent her reincarnation while within the Dangai world. As her soul resided there, stuck between the mortal and spiritual worlds, the darkness within her grew and her humanity was soon torn away from her. Shiori had become an incarnation of the darkness surrounding her, and in the process, she was reborn as a Mazoku; escaping from the limbo and manifesting within Hueco Mundo where she had eventually crossed paths with Senzui Kururugi.
Shiori was a young woman with deep violet-blue eyes and long eyelashes. She tied her long, hair back into a loose ponytail with some yellow cloth, but left the front in a fringe which reached her eyebrows; though originally she kept it more loose and flowing. It should also be noted that her hair color was first shown as a light blue, but then changed to a more darker blue shade. She wore a purple kimono which was tied with a red sash and also wore traditional sandals with tabi socks. Shiori wears her Zanpakutō on her hip.
Shiori has a gentle and warm personality that augments her appearance. She is a soft-spoken, polite, and caring woman who uses honorifics when addressing everyone, including her subordinates and the enemy. Also being friendly, humorous in her own way, sensitive, and kind; she comes off as naive and rather clueless. Through her expanding role in the series, Shiori has become a more complex character than her earlier archetype suggested. Where Shiori was more happy and goofy at the start of the series, later arcs deal with her feelings of inadequacy and inner turmoil at not being able to regain her full memories. As stated by Myoken, Shiori is additionally strong-willed, stubborn, loyal, and somewhat outspoken. During the Shinkūmyō Incident, when Shiori asks to be taken prisoner in place of Seireitou and Seireitou attempts to stop her, she states that she'd rather sacrifice herself than see him die, implying that she may have developed romantic feelings towards Seireitou during the time that they spent together.
Shiori demonstrates her bravery many times during her adventures with Seireitou, though she initially showed a tendency toward mild panic in the face of sudden danger, which she eventually overcame. She is extremely loyal to her friends, fiercely defending them if they are insulted and willing to risk her life to help them. She also tends to be rather argumentative, a trait most evident in her interactions with Ryan. Although she is generally not as short-tempered as her friends, she has displayed a formidable one on several occasions.
Powers & Abilities
Immense Spiritual Power: Shiori has vast and seemingly limitless amounts of reiatsu within her. Being a Shinkūmyō, Shiori possesses a dual-type spiritual energy, part Shinigami and part Blank. Her spiritual energy is silk pearl in color. With her mask on, she can focus considerable amounts of energy into a blast to knock targets away. She is not affected by Seireitou's immense spiritual power, as most would be in that situation. According to Shiori, her spiritual powers were always considered out of the ordinary. However, it was not menacing nor frightful. It left a "warming presence" whenever she allowed her energy to flow. Throughout the battles with Datara, Shiori's energy served as a foil to his demonic corrupting power. She was capable of reflecting Datara's energy on multiple occasions, through the bodies of both Seireitou and Raian.
Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Shiori has shown to have a natural talent for martial arts. Though she is lacking in strength, she makes up for it with perfect timing of hand techniques, as well as foot techniques. Shiori is a very capable hand-to-hand fighter who commonly use various kicks in combination with her Zanpakutō to take out opponents. She has enough skill to hold her own against a dangerous inmate from the Maggot's Nest who had taken her hostage.
Master Swordsmanship Specialist: While a pacifist at heart and preferring Kidō spells and her Shikai's abilities as her primary combat style, Shiori does indeed engage in sword combat when the moment arises. Being a former high-ranking officer in a formalized military, she was trained in swordsmanship though has not shown much skill in it as yet. However, when she does fight with conventional methods, she has demonstrated tremendous skill in swordsmanship. Shiori is also ambidextrous.
Shunpo Expert: She is perceived to be so fast that one cannot discern even being attacked by her until after it has taken place. Though it's questionable if she is as fast as Seireitou or Kamui, especially seeing as they both caught her before she was able to unsheathe her sword. Whenever Shiori moves using flash step, she will leave behind a pink aura afterimage.
Kidō Master: Being a former captain of the Fifth Division, Shiori has an advanced knowledge of Kidō. During Seireitou and Kamui's fight, Shiori effortlessly restrained Ryan Getsueikirite with a low-level Kidō without incantation in order to prevent intervention. Shiori has shown the knowledge of how to break barriers set up by the spiritually superior noble families that even captains are incapable of naturally breaking. She has shown her mastery particularly in Binding spells up to #99. Being able to fully control it without an incantation though it seems to tire her out when she exerts such high level spiritual energy. Shiori is able to erect unusually strong and powerful barriers and perform several spells or enchantments that can be used for both offensive and defensive purposes. Likewise, Shiori has the power and ability to break seals, barriers, and unique Kidō spells.
Keen Intellect: Shiori has shown herself to be an intuitive person. She is easily able to see through a person's demeanor to determine what they are thinking about. During the battle between Seireitou and Ryūnaku, she noted how similar the two were, especially in terms of energy signatures. Shiori has been shown to be very observant of her opponents' abilities and powers, even going as far as to use it against them.
Hikarionna (ひかり女, "Woman of Shining Light"): When sealed, it takes the form of a katana with a rectangular guard that has a scripture-like design to it; depicting various symbols that would be normally associated with a church.
- Shikai: It is released by the command, "Break through" (突き抜ける, Tsukinukeru). She normally would hold her Zanpakutō up in front of her horizontally as she called out its release command. The Zanpakutō would shine brightly as a hazy smoke emanated from it. As this occured, the glow would intensify into a huge burst of spiritual energy that greatly effected the surrounding vicinity. It would now become a daitō in appearance, the tsuba remaining rectangular with a sun-like pattern. The hilt remained the same but with a silk ribbon located at the bottom of the hilt.
- Shikai Special Abilities: Shiori's Marishaten initially glows a bright white light, which when swung, can purify even the most evil and strongest of Hollows. It matters not how powerful a Hollow may be; it's purification power is so great, that no Hollow can come into contact with Marishaten's released power without being purified. Shiori is also able to erect barriers and break seals with Marishaten's almost holy power. By waving her blade directly at the enemy, Shiori can fire away a plethora of spiritual blades that can pierce skin, among other things. An interesting aspect of the Shikai's power is that any being killed by these spiritual blades, their corpses, can be manipulated as if they were puppets. They can be used to either attack or distract enemies, or protect her from harm by utilizing them as shields.
- Bankai: Never Achieved
After being forced to take in the spiritual energy given to her by Myōken, in an effort to bend her mind to his whim and use her for his own purposes, her soul was now altered which caused her to undergo a metamorphosis. When transformed into her Shinkūmyō state, Shiori's appearance would drastically change. She would be donned with a light pink kimono that consisted of a down-turned collar and would have a silver cloth around her waist. In addition to the physical change, her Zanpakutō would follow suit by taking form of a exquisitely designed double-edged red scythe that was taller than herself. During her battle with Seireitou, Shiori was shown to be able to extend her scythe to attack her enemies, allowing her scythe to act as a sort of long-ranged weapon. Despite the size of the weapon and that she had never before used a scythe, she managed to wield it with great proficiency.
After Myōken's defeat and prior to her death, it was shown that Shiori was capable of using this form at will, although only for a short time. However, it seems that once she was transformed, it became impossible for her to learn Bankai, rendering this transformation as her only trump card.
- Power Augmentation: Having complimented her already impressive speed and power, Shiori's transformed state augmented her speed drastically, giving her animal-like agility and physical capabilities to match. She also seems to have the ability to teleport short distances in order to reach her opponents. Her strength was noted to be immense enough to completely overwhelm Captain-class opponents while also fending off Seireitou's Bankai single-handedly; albeit for a short time.
- (To Seireitou Kawahiru) "I love the night sky, Sei-kun. Because the night sky is similar to the world. It's engulfed in darkness, and has many small lights. But there are clouds that try to shroud them. Sei-kun, I want to become someone who removes those clouds... so not a single light will be lost."